Friday, May 30, 2014

My Chronically Vintage Etsy order and a very late (and large) photo update

A while back I ordered a couple of pieces from Chronically Vintage on Etsy, and when they came in last week I was feverishly tearing the package open in anticipation. I ordered two brooches, both very reasonably priced at $15; shipping was about $10, which is more than I would usually be willing to pay, but I know that shipping in Canada isn't cheap.
The items were beautifully packaged in individually wrapped boxes, and she even included a very sweet card thanking me for supporting her shop.
IMG_1978
I ordered a gold chrysthanemum brooch and one shaped like a Spanish ship. The detailing on both was exquisite. I don't wear a lot of jewelry, usually just my wooden earrings, and so I was looking for something that I could put on and forget about. Brooches are perfect for that, since they don't touch my skin, and I've actually been eyeing a couple more in her store.
IMG_1980
IMG_1982
I actually ended up wearing both of them this week. The cardigan + full skirt + brooch formula is clearly working for me right now, because I've done it three days in a row.
InstaFitIt20140528T111457 lemon_lime_2
You can't see the ship pin that well in the second photo, but I thought it added a nice little bit of flair.
Overall, I would recommend her Etsy shop very highly. She has a great selection of pieces at very good prices, and she is an absolute joy to deal with. She also sent a couple of extra surprises, which I will have to showcase at a later date.

Last weekend was really busy for me. Saturday I spent most of the day on my bike, zooming around the city to grab brunch with a friend, hit up the Randolph Street Market, and then meeting up with my guy for drinks, gourmet hot dogs, and poutine fries.
IMG_2029
My friend Keeley, who is an utter delight, was pretty happy about this homemade box scooter.
IMG_2032 IMG_2033
I was pretty happy about all the vintage hats. Also, protip - if you're a really pale girl riding a bike and walking in the sunshine all day, put on some damn sunblock. My chest and shoulders are still pink.
IMG_20140524_122648_210
They also had this sweet ass Hello Kitty bike. The blue haired woman crouching behind me is another friend that I ran into at the Market, Autumn. I have some photos of her trying on a really unflattering dress, but I don't imagine she wants me to post them.
IMG_20140524_115508_436 IMG_20140524_122929_592
Also loving these vintage tins, typewriters, and luggage. Can I just have everything here?

Sunday, my boyfriend and I headed over to Indiana to visit his family for Memorial Day. They are, honestly, like something out of a fairytale, at least to me. Like, they literally have a three-legged dog named Spot.
IMG_2051

It was so idyllic - drinking summer shandies, lounging around in a hammock, and eatting copious amounts of barbeque.
IMG_20140529_082428
IMG_20140529_192230
This dress and shoes were my vintage finds from the Market on Saturday. The dress, which is a beautiful toile print, was only $18! I managed to bargain the shoes, which are embossed red leather peep-toed sandals, down to $20 from $25.
IMG_20140525_184307_787
After the fire burned down a little bit, Brian and his dad reduced some tree sap from a maple they had tapped in the spring to fresh, homemade maple syrup, which we had on top of our breakfast pancakes.

I would have posted all of this sooner, but I forgot my camera in Indiana. This weekend should be equally packed - I'm going to Maifest tonight to the see Polkaholics, then drinks with friends and an afternoon date with the guy tomorrow, and I'd really like to go see Maleficent on Sunday. I know it's summer because I'm officially going to start running my ass ragged trying to make it out to all of the parties I get invited to.

6 comments:

  1. I love the Randolph Street Market. I actually sold there last summer (unfortunately it was not a great success) but it has such great finds. That dress is amazing! I love love love pins as accessories and I love that with shorter hair they really get displayed because personally my longer hair I felt always covered them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you used to sell there, although it's too bad it didn't work out better for you. It's such a fun atmosphere, and I was a bit sad I didn't have more free cash at the moment. I'm still really happy with my finds, though, and I do really love that dress.
      I'm sort of surprised by how into pins I've gotten lately. You're so right about the shorter hair thing - you don't have to worry about getting tangled or covering them, so it's much more fun.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the blog comment:) So nice to be able to follow you! I just love that ship pin. Jessica's shop has some great things in it. Thanks for sharing what you got!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking me out. I really enjoy your blog and the obvious passion you have for vintage, and I'd been reading for a while before I commented.

      Delete
  3. oh, i almost have the same boat brooch ... haven't worn it in years ... next time i should pair it with my sailor pants-outfit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that outfit was so cute! Maybe you should, if it doesn't seem too on the nose.

      Delete