Monday, May 5, 2014

Paris, 1900

I just moved this weekend, so there's still a lot of unpacking and setting up to do in my new house. Top of the list - internet. We've been so busy shampooing the carpets (carpets + pets = butt smells, like, everywhere), painting walls, and getting stuff into its proper place that I haven't had much of a chance to miss it, but it does mean that I can't do much in the way of photos. As soon as we've got that set up, I'll have some pictures of my lovely new abode.
In lieu of anything fun or exciting or educational, here are some pretty pictures. These colorized photos of the 1900 World's Fair have been making the rounds for a little while, and they are absolutely stunning.
wfp1
wfp2
wfp3
wfp4
wfp5
wfp6

And, for good measure, here's one from the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago. The Field Museum has a retrospective on it that I'm dying to see once things settle down a little bit at home.
wfc1

No comments:

Post a Comment