Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Short and Sweet Outfit Post

Happy Saturday! I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I didn't get a post put together, but I've been loving the beautiful weather we've been having here in Chicago. Honestly, it feels more like San Diego - 70s, sunny, and breezy, with just a hint of humidity that makes it feel like the ocean is just over the horizon. I'm trying to make the most of it while it's still around, although I will have some fall fashion inspiration posts up in the next few weeks, so stay tuned.
IMG_3461
IMG_3485

I guess looking up and to my right is my thing these days? Although I am trying to switch up shooting locations; I'm getting a little boring just leaning against the fence in my back yard. Alleys are really where it's at.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I'm planning on spending this evening playing the Old Style game with my boyfriend. No, it's nothing dirty - just hop on your bike, ride around until you find a bar with an Old Style shingle outside, and get a drink. Repeat as necessary. Should be fun!

9 comments:

  1. I think I've said this before but you totally remind me of a modern-day (in a vintage way) Teddy Girl:) Especially with these types of backdrops:) Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for saying that! I had never heard of that style before you mentioned it to me, and I really was inspired when I looked up some images.

      Delete
  2. That first dress is so unique - great find! Love the pairing with the little ankle boots to keep it more modern. The second look is more of a modern, edgier look all round - you wear it well, love the little scarf (nice accessorising ;)) And great red shoes. The Old Style game sounds fun, enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that dress, I was gutted when I thought I'd lost it in my move. I was jumping up and down when I found it in the bottom of a box.

      Delete
  3. I love this crop top/shirt combo. It's pretty much what I'm living in these days! I'm happy to hear you've been having such nice weather. I hope you have fun playing the Old Style game, sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would be a crop top person after being scarred by the late 90s/early 2000s, but I'm really into the crop top/high waisted skirt combo. It's a fun look, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. "Alleys are really where it's at" - love that line, it made me smile so much because I totally get what you mean. It can be dangerously easy to fall into a routine with your photo shoot locations, which has its merits, sure, but is hardly the most entertaining thing for you or your views (at times at least), and when you hit upon a new backdrop there's a certain rush to it that I doubt few who don't fashion blog will ever truly know. :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is awesome when you find a great backdrop or just any way to liven up your photos. I take them myself using a small tripod, so some options just aren't open to me. It's always nice when I can make things more interesting, and I'm glad other people appreciate it as well.

      Delete
  5. Love the second outfit so much! Also your hair is killer.

    ReplyDelete