Friday, August 15, 2014

Right now I just feel like complaining about things

I've been a very bad blogger this week. I haven't had my regular computer access, and when I've had it I've been reading rather depressing news from around the world and haven't really wanted to post. Basically, I'm in a little bit of a funk.
But it's Friday, and it's payday, and both of those things are nice, so I can't be too unhappy.
PN0713128__47516.1362140783.500.650
I bought this from TheBestVintageClothing.com. I know it wasn't on my list, but the item that I'd finally decided on (the long deco necklace) was gone, and I had my heart set on some jewelry, and I wasn't feeling the celluloid anymore, so *fart*.
il_fullxfull.541982461_ikjn
And then I also bought this blouse from Vacation Vintage on Etsy. It's one of my favorite shops, and she offers 15% off for her Facebook and Instagram followers, and it totally works with the folk inspiration that I'm trying to add to my fall wardrobe, so *fart*.
Also, I'm curious if anyone can help me out with a vintage male style question. My boyfriend wants a pair of 1930s style pants - high waisted, pleated, full through the leg - but they are damn near impossible to find. I've checked The Fedora Lounge (it may be asshole central, but there aren't many other places online with recommendations for finding vintage style clothing for men), but haven't had much luck with their suggestions. Any help would be much appreciated.
I should be back to posting more normally next week. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

  1. For unplanned buys, I think you've done well. They are both pretty and versatile pieces.

    I know of a shop in Sydney and Melbourne with that kind of men's clothing, but they don't seem to do any online sales. That's a bit sad. A friend of mine wore a pair of pants like that for his wedding, and it looked awesome. I've asked him if he knows anywhere else to buy them, I'll let you know if he has any online or US sources as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll find something eventually, it's just a matter of hunting. He's a tall guy, though, so even when I find the right style they're always way short. But thank you for the offer of help, I really appreciate it.

      Delete
    2. I'm afraid I didn't get any good leads :( Good luck with the pants-hunting!

      Delete
  2. I hope you are able to find what you are looking for. My husband doesn't dress in vintage so I don't have to worry about finding things for him. I hope you are able to lift your spirits up. You know sometimes it just happens in cycles. I was feeling a bit this way towards the beginning of summer and I'm sure once it's starts to get cold, I'll be missing these days. This is a lovely blouse you've chosen. It's not easy to find good blouses that aren't white. I've been trying to find some too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're so sweet. And I'm really happy with the blouse! I'd been eyeing it for a long time (a few months, at least), and since it fit so perfectly with my wardrobe inspirations, I just had to go for it.

      Delete