Monday, August 18, 2014

All American Girl

IMG_3640
Mondays, amirite?

Honestly, though, I'm feeling ok today. I'm not sure why I was in such a funk last week, but this week I'm prepared to be happy. Or, at the very least, I'm prepared to pretend that I'm happy, which usually leads to actual good feelings.
This weekend was really relaxing, even if I didn't get around to some of the things that I wanted to do. I've got food in the house, I worked out something interesting and vintage-y to do with my hair (more on that later), and I got to see Guardians of the Galaxy (um, again). Although I didn't make it to the library, which was also on my to do list, it kind of feels like a public service to run up fines on a bunch of books. Support your public library, y'all.
I think I've mentioned before that I don't wear pants very often, and I post photos of myself in pants even less frequently. I actually really like wearing my boyfriend's jeans, though. They're all worn and soft and comfy, and once in a while it just feels good to relax in a pair of Levi's.
IMG_3619
The only real problem with wearing a pair of jeans that have already been broken in by a dude is that there tends to be extra dick room that, as a non-dick-having person, I don't really need.
IMG_3611
Although it's not my typical style, there's something refreshingly classic and simple about a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. Being me, I still wanted to dress it up a little bit with some red shoes and a floral headscarf.
IMG_3633
My hair wasn't being super cooperative on Sunday, so the scarf and pin curls were as much necessity as decoration. I think this might end up being a go-to style for me - it's one of the few overtly vintage styles that I can still work with my hair this short. Of course, pin curls are used to style hair, and when I took them out at the end of the day, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the result was.
IMG_20140817_174007_020
Please pardon the end of the day, post lipstick face. But the swoop is pretty sweet, right?
I did a wet roller set with standing pin curls in the front last night, and while I'm not entirely satisfied with the results, I think it has promise as an early 60s style. We'll see how it does with a little more work.
Well, I intend to have a lovely week, and I hope the rest of you have a great one as well.

12 comments:

  1. You look so cute in boyfriend jeans! Sorry that you're in a funk, I've definitely been feeling the same way. Sometimes it's good to go through these things, at least that's what I tell myself ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a doll, thank you! Those jeans are ridiculously comfortable, I could sleep in them. And I think I'm getting over my bad mood, it really just takes one good day.

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks amazing! Sometimes it's hard to get hair to corporate/get out of funks, but all it takes is some positive energy and trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm actually really enjoying the grow out process and all of the odd, wouldn't-have-come-up-with-it-otherwise styles that this shaggy length is giving me.

      Delete
  3. I love those pin curls - it's a great style with your short hair (even if it's intended to style your hair rather be a style.). I'm wondering if my fringe is long enough to do that... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! My hair isn't known for being very cooperative, but it stayed without any issues all day.

      Delete
  4. I think if I wore my boyfriend's jeans he'd have a complete hissy fit at me - mostly as he only has one pair and wears them near constantly! Yours look great on you though, and I love that cute little 'do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend doesn't wear his jeans anymore, which is why I've been gifted with all of them. He's such a natty dresser, it's really cute. And thank you! I'm really liking this hairstyle, I've been playing with it a lot this week trying to figure out the different ways I can use it.

      Delete
  5. Everything about this outfit rocks. It makes me think of a more vintage-y take on Springsteen's classic look (circa Born in the USA).

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* I think your freckles are crazy cute/pretty. I always wanted a smattering of my own, but alas, the fairies didn't kiss me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I used to not like them very much, but the older I get the more I enjoy them.

      Delete
  6. I wish I could fit into my husband's pants!

    You look awesome, with and without lipstick. I love the red accents to make the jeans-and-t-shirt feminine, vintage-y and colourful. It's a great look. I can't resist jeans myself, and have to try to make myself wear dresses. Maybe I should just embrace it and make my hair pretty and girly instead! You set a good example here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's even funnier is when he puts on my pants. Yes, they fit.
      Even I have to admit that I might be a little to dedicated to dresses. Wearing jeans all day was actually pretty fun. I felt like I walked differently, like I have a different attitude. I'll definitely work on busting out more pants in the fall.

      Delete