Monday, July 14, 2014

Primary Colors

I purchased this sailor dress a while back, but I hadn't had a chance to wear it since I took my "look at this awesome new dress I have!" photos. I actually hadn't planned on wearing it to the wedding that I went to this weekend either, but the great thing about having a boyfriend with a quirky and vintage sense of style is that when he decides he wants to go full on 1920s (suspenders, boater, bow tie), he's fully capable of packing me a matching outfit.
Yes, I know we're disgustingly cutesy. No, I don't really care.
IMG_20140712_145513_303
My friend Diana, who actually has a really awesome collection of pinup dresses. 
The cardigan wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing to wear in 80 degree heat, but I never got around to finishing sleeves where I had cut them off, and I also popped a seam where the bodice met the skirt before I even go there. I decided that I actually really liked the yellow with the red and navy, though, so I could see myself recycling this outfit when the weather starts to cool.
IMG_2739
Our friend Gary decided he wanted to be in the photo. 
I keep trying to get my boyfriend, Brian, to write about vintage fashion for men. He's got a really awesome sense of style, and he's utterly fearless. Not to brag, but everyone said we were the best dressed couple, and that's entirely down the the outfits that he picked out for us.
IMG_20140712_181819
The adorable Bertie looks better in Brian's hat than he does.
I don't have very many good photos of the wedding because I was too busy sobbing about how beautiful it was to hold a camera steady. It's kind of a shame, though, because the bride, Sara, did an amazing job planning and executing the wedding. Pinterest-worthy decorations, amazing food and drinks, and a ceremony that was sweet and uniquely them. We could not have had a better time.
If you'd like to see more photos from the wedding (and I recommend it highly!), check out the Instagram hashtag #SandAHathaway.   

Dress: Lady Jane Vintage via eBay
Cardigan: Vintage Underground

6 comments:

  1. Love your (almost matching) hats! I am 100% up for a post on men's fashion - I've never seen the likes before... not that I'd ever convince my boyfriend to be as stylish as me, of course ;) would be an interesting read though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He grabbed the hat too! Dude is really good with the fashion stuff, it's awesome because he never judges me for looking in the mirror and going "nope, hate this!" and ripping off my outfit.

      Delete
  2. There is definitely a lack of blogging about vintage men's fashion, but I am, like many, blessed with a husband who is very stylish, but not interested in vintage looks.

    Your outfits look great, and I agree that the yellow goes with that dress very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He's promised me he'll get to it eventually, but time is always an issue with him.

      Delete
  3. What fun filled, wonderfully vibrant photos! You guys (darling pup very much included) are all radiating happiness here. It's super cool that your chap is into vintage styles, too. Tony appreciates vintage and has developed a greater love for it since meeting me, but at present he doesn't wear yesteryear styles. Perhaps one day (a gal can hope! :)). It would be a blast to read some thoughts on the subject from Brian. I remember a while back when Janey from the blog Atomic Redhead's husband, Patrick, did a few guest posts on the subject on her site. It was a fun change of pace to get a man's take on things and to see what was catching his eye on the vintage front.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! It's so nice having a bloke that likes the same kind of clothing that I do. I never have to talk him into dressing up with me.
      I'll have to look for those posts from Atomic Redhead. Love her blog, and I didn't realize that her hubby had done some posts for her.

      Delete