Wednesday, July 2, 2014

These boots are made for walking (and sitting, and posing...)

Have you ever heard the term "stank boot"? It's when you're wearing a clunky pair of boots in the summer to, like, Coachella or whatever, usually with a pair of tiny cut off jean shorts and a fringey suede vest. Your feet get all sweaty and gross, and it takes a couple of showers before the funk is entirely gone.
article-2308819-19479C23000005DC-788_634x912
Kruger, darling, you're fabulous, and having Peter Bishop on your arm never hurts. But wtf is on your feet?
For some reason, even though temps have been consistently reaching up into the 80s, I keep seeing ladies walking around in boots that take the stankiness to the next level. Knee high, dark brown or black leather, sometimes even suede. I DON'T GET IT. I mean, in a couple of weeks I, too, will probably be ready for fall, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to bust out my fuzzy sweaters quite yet.
I realized the other day, though, that I've been wearing my own pair of (totally not stanky, I swear) boots all the damn time, so maybe I need to stop giving other ladies the bitchy side eye. Just maybe.
pastels1
dominoprintandboots
lilacginghamandboots
It's funny, because I've never been the cowboy boots and sundresses kind of girl, but for some reason these boots just feel right with all of the pastels that I've been wearing lately. Part of it is the fact that I just don't have that many comfortable, light colored shoes, so they're sort of the default choice; they also add a little bit of a casual touch to an otherwise dressy outfit, which I like.
The nice thing about these guys is that they're not just light colored, they're very light weight, so my feet don't get too sweaty. All I have to do is remember to wear socks, and stank is averted.
Side note: am I alone is usually skipping socks? I know I should wear them, but I've got pretty big feet, and so those no show footie things always slip off my heel. I wear them when they won't show, but I just can't do visible socks. Not even cute ruffled ankle socks, since they make my legs look short.
My boots are from asos, but I bought them well over a year ago, so they're no longer available. Here are some other options if you want to give the look a try. I feel like I should let you know that putting this list together was absolute torture for me, since I would give my left tit for some new shoes but I can't buy anything right now.
asosleatherchelsea
Asos Leather Chelsea Boots
asosnudeleatherankle
Asos Nude Lace Up Ankle Boots
samedelmanankleboot
Sam Edelman Suede Ankle Boot
miistacutoutankleboot
Miista Cutout Pointy Toed Ankle Boots
modclothruralramble
Modcloth Rural Ramble Boot

Stank boot is the kind of gross trend that I have wholeheartedly embraced, but there are some that I just do not get. Like mules. I would have to glue my feet into them to keep from walking out of them, but I have been seeing them everywhere. What is the appeal? All of the annoyances of flip-flops, but with none of the actual comfort.

4 comments:

  1. I am loving those Rural Ramble Boots from Modcloth and they're on sale! Sadly, they're all out of my size(11). I feel you on those ankle socks. I can never find any that fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That modcloth sale is making me so sad right now *lol*. I've got a lot of expenses coming up and can't afford to buy anything at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Love the last pair in particular. I have somewhat hard to fit feet (they really look it at first glance, but believe me they are), with really high arches being one of the elements of that equation and as a result sometimes boots pinch/press too much for me to comfortably wear them. Not all pairs or styles, of course, but cowboy boots I find are one in particular and as a result I haven't owned any in more than a decade now. This post is making me want some all the more again - though, likely not to sport until fall (unless I was going to a rodeo or the like). It just too darn toasty in the Okanagan to pull that off sans stank.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you on the hard to fit feet - broad balls and narrow heels mean any new pair of shoes is going to be blister city.

      Delete